*I am a therapist, but I am not your therapist. Therapy, in my opinion, is not just about the information I give, but also about the highly individualized relationship I build with each client, getting to know their unique needs, strengths, and challenges. This column is not meant to substitute individual therapy. And when it doubt, speak to a therapist about these issues — preferably someone who knows you, who you feel safe with, and is equipped to support you exactly as you are.
Gone are the days when psychotherapy was limited to the confines of a dank office, wherein someone, often in a position of social and economic privilege, (i.e. almost always an older white male), listened as we droned on about our mothers twice a week, passively taking clandestine notes.
- Trump got you down? You’re not alone
- Feminist Therapy: How to talk (or not talk) about trauma and how to find validation outside male approval
- Feminist Therapy: Recovering from sexual trauma, living with misogyny, and finding a good therapist
- The feminist therapist is in
- Aesthetic labiaplasty is never just a ‘choice’